Adding water features to a landscape brings a number of helpful benefits beyond simply adding value to your property. A beautifully installed water feature — or features! — is charming, attractive, and overall a simply exquisite touch to add to your Northern Colorado home. At Advanced Landscaping & Sprinkler, Inc., we are veritable experts on water features. We would love to share with you the top eight reasons you should consider adding a water feature to your property in today’s post.
- Water features require very little maintenance. Once they are installed, they are generally just recirculating water, with systems that require very little in terms of upkeep. Of course, if you should ever have any trouble with a water feature, you can contact us at Advanced Landscaping & Sprinkler, Inc.
- Water features don’t necessarily require large spaces. If you think that your property is too small for a water feature, give us a call! We’ll be happy to take a look and see if a water feature is a possibility. Water features can be adapted to fit smaller spaces, so if you don’t have a lot of property, but still want a water feature, it may be a possibility.
- Water features attract wildlife. If you’re a fan of fauna, a water feature will bring the birds in, as well as other creatures. Animals are attracted to clean running water just like we are, for drinking and bathing, too. You’ll have a veritable menagerie if you add a water feature to your home, a definite bonus for nature lovers. You’ll definitely notice an uptick in the number of birds fluttering around as they enjoy using your water feature for drinking, resting, and taking baths.
- You’ll enjoy better air quality and lower noise pollution thanks to a water feature. Flowing water releases negative ions, which increases the air quality. Negative ions have also been clinically proven to reduce stress. The sounds from the water feature will mask any nearby noise pollution, too.
- A water feature will bring the sounds of nature to your doorstep. In addition to the tweets and chirps of the fauna now enjoying the lovely area you built for them, the burbles and gushes, trickles and flows of the water itself immediately invokes the feelings of being outside, in nature and being in a more natural place. The sound of running water is naturally calming to humans; we experience a decrease in stress levels, and an elevated mood when we hear it.
- Feng Shui teaches that running water brings wealth. Flowing water, specifically, if kept clean, attracts wealth, according to the ancient Chinese practice. Having a water feature on your property may indicate to the universe that you are open to receiving prosperity.
- A water feature increases curb appeal. It adds immediate visual charm for potential homebuyers. If you are looking to sell your home, adding a water feature almost always increases its value.
- Flowing water is, actually, soothing to the soul. Philosophers, clerics, physicians through the ages attest to the healing power of water. A number of scientific studies have explored why humans are so attracted to water, and why it has the effects on us that it does. Buddhist meditation also uses flowing water as a kind of white noise to increase the depth and breadth of their practice. Water is good for the spirit.
As you can see, there are plenty of benefits that a water feature can add to your property. If you’re interested in getting started with a water feature in the Fort Collins or Loveland area, contact Advanced Landscaping & Sprinkler, Inc. for a consultation. Our experience and expertise makes us the best in the business. We look forward to working with you.