It’s Springtime which means it is time to start thinking about getting your landscape ready for the season. A properly maintained landscape is the most important part of its vitality. Here are some extremely helpful tips from landscaping service Ft. Collins to keep your property looking beautiful throughout the year.
- Don’t forget to water. In dry periods, you should water newly laid turf but you can leave established lawns unwatered. Reduce mowing because leaving grass longer protects its roots. You can reduce evaporation by watering at night or early morning.
- Mowing your lawn regularly can keep your lawn at the right level maximizing the health of your lawn. In the spring, you should mow your lawn once a week with the blades at the highest setting. As the growth accelerates you can gradually lower the blades. In the summer, lawns should be mowed two to three times a week but in the Fall once or twice a week is adequate.
- Collect lawn clippings after mowing. These can be composted and put back into your lawn to return essential nutrients. Make sure to rake up thick parts of clippings to avoid damage to your lawn.
- Feed your lawn. Depending on how rich the underlying soil is you can determine the amount of fertilizer needed required to maintain lush green grass.
- Weed flower and landscape beds and shear or prune plants to provide a manicured look. For your lawn, in the spring and summer a weed killer should be applied.
As you can see maintaining a lawn and landscape that always look beautiful can be quite a challenge. If you want to save time and have professional lawn and landscape maintenance give us a call!